Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our House is a Very Very Very Fine House (Sorry couldn't resist)

So as some of you may know we decided to build a house. It all happened kind of suddenly. We went to our good friends at Patterson Construction and they decided to help us out with our goal. We looked at floor plans and found one that we really liked (pictured below)and then decided where we wanted to live. We found a sub-division that wasn't too far out there and the lots weren't too expensive. Turns out that they already had the foundation of the house we wanted poured in that location. So a week after we went in to talk about building a house we had a floor. Luckily it has been great weather and they have been able to work everyday and now after a week of actually working we have walls!! In the picture I am standing in the master bedroom. It looks like they are starting to put the roof on Monday and will have it done by the end of the week. I will keep you posted at least once a week. Lots to do so I will do my best.

6 comments:

Megan Di said...

That looks great!! I'm really excited for you guys!!

The Madsen's said...

Micki, this is Natalie, your long lost roommate. I found your blog through facebook and i'm glad I did because I'm a blogger too! Congrats on the house, that is great. It is moving so fast too! Lucky! When we built our house it was the longest wait of my life, but it so worth it in the end! So where will you be living then?

Nicole said...

Nice walls. I can't believe they're up already. You'll be in before you know it.

Jana Banana said...

How exciting! It is so fun to build and pick everything you want! Where is it at? Congrats to you guys!

Amber Smith Reade said...

Hooray!! So nice to see progress! You'll love it when it's done.. Hope all is good w/you! :)

Robert and Michaelene Duree said...

Love the pic's Congrats guys this is so so exciting!!!